Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Today is a Significant Day

Well, most of you know that Aaron and I are planning our wedding. Here's the 411. The last time that I went to Corpus was for the Labor Day weekend a few months ago. After church on Sunday morning, we went with a group of people from church to eat at this restaurant call La Playa which translates to "a female player". Regardless of the questionable name, they have great food. After lunch ,Aaron and I were talking, and the topic of engagement just came up out of no where. We just sat there in that moment, smiled at each other and said, "Ok. Let's work towards that." After my trip to Corpus, Aaron and I started talking to our family members about us planning our engagement. We made plans for Aaron to come pick me up in Dallas in October in order to take me to San Angelo to ask my mom for my hand and to talk to my Dad to ask for my hand (I guess the other one, not sure). Fortunately, I had my four wisdom teeth pulled the day before Aaron arrived, so i was too drugged to be nervous. I did know that it was good news when my Dad came home from talking with Aaron and called for me saying, "Cheli! Look what I drug off the street." My mom on the other hand said, "Congratulations, Cheli. Aaron asked for your hand, but told him 'Just take the whole thing!" Welcome to my world, Aaron. Welcome to my world.....
So back to the headline. Today is significant because we really want to get married on October 10th, 2009.
If this date is possible, that means that it will be 10 months from TODAY.
Ten months, only ten months. wow.............

3 comments:

Betty said...

October 10th--- that's the day after Jared's birthday!!
Silly me! This whole time, I thought "la playa" meant "the beach"
:-)

A and A said...

a common mistake..... ;)

rayh76902 said...

Aaron and Araceli,
what a better month than October for a fall wedding.I anticipate God's blessings and many wonderful things from your approaching marriage. God bless you both richly.
Your uncle Ray who appreciates you both a lot.