Monday, February 2, 2009

I'm gonna PUMP you UP!


Tonight I began my road to total fitness! I went to the athletic club tonight and I participated in an exercise class called 'Body Pump'. They estimate that you will burn 800 calories in one hour in this class. The only thing that was going through my mind the whole time was the fried okra and chicken strips I had eaten for lunch. We started out with a 10 minute warm up and after 10 minutes, I was already breaking a sweat. Then we moved on to squats. It was the squat routine that made me regret ever eating anything in my life. Then we moved on to chest and back areas. As i type this, it's a little hard for me because i can feel the tension in my back. Cheli thinks i'm exaggerating but i really do think that even my hands will be sore tomorrow..I'm serious! THEN we moved onto biceps and triceps and I am not lying that my arms wanted to say in an L shape when I left the gym. I'm not joking. I can just feel them right now wanting to go back to an L. Then we did probably the hardest part of the workout which is the lunges. I wanted my mom to carry me to the car after that. SO I'm pretty tired. I AM going to be sore tomorrow. But i have promised myself that I'm going to get in shape for the wedding. And it's true what they say, "No Pain, No Gain." - Aaron

No comments: