Friday, February 6, 2009

Feeling Oily?


My car has this cool feature that tells me the oil life. The oil life of the oil, for clarification. When the oil life gets down to 15% it will indicate it to me as soon as I turn on my car, and it won't go away until I clear it with a push of a nifty button. Until I have the oil changed, that reminder will come on every time I turn on my car. I was shocked when I saw that the sticker (see top left corner of your front windshield) said that I was 800 miles over! I made an appointment right away to get the oil changed (yes, I have to make appointments to get the oil changed) It wasn't until I left work early to talk to "Kenny" (if thats his real name) that I learned that they just try to estimate with the sticker mileage. I was told by "Kenny" that I should always go by the indicator on the car. Good to know, "Kenny", good to know.

No comments: