Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dad Gutierrez, PI

Aaron here. My day started very early today. I was up at the crack of dawn driving to the shop to make a very large order: 12 large fruit trays that serve 35 people each.... to be picked up by 9:30am. Whew!!! By the end of the day, I was really tired. Oh yeah, something funny happened today.
We just had CallerId installed at the shop so that we can screen calls before we answer them. Sometimes we get suspicious phone calls that sound like our competitors down the street. These "curious customers" will call just asking for prices and information. Well, today the phone rang and dad answered. He normally doesn't work at the shop, but since my mom is out of state right now, my dad is helping out. So today when the phone rang, he picked up, answered a few questions and then hung up. He then writes down the number that he thinks called. He comes to the back of the shop where I am and says, "Aaron, a customer called asking a few questions and they seemed... suspicious. I wrote down their number. Do you know this number?" I looked at it for a few seconds and thought to myself, "I know this number." Then it hit me. "DAD! It's your number!!!" My dad was about to start this huge investigation on his own cell phone number! Oh well, he'll figure out how to work the CallerId eventually. Well, that was the highlight of the day.

2 comments:

bhernandez said...

Sounds like a pretty fruity story to me!!!

A and A said...

ba ha ha! he's so cute. i love this story.- cheli