Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Night in the Homeless Shelter.....Almost

The homless shelter. That's where I almost slept tonight. My Tia Yaya was making a Christmas card on the computer (of course, it's her speciality!), my dad was watching tv, and I was sitting quietly in a corner praying to de Lord for strenngthhh. After dad came down from upstairs, my tia yaya sweetly asked, "I want a tortilla." So my dad gets the tortillas out of the frig and turns up the one of the burners. (they're electric btw) My dad puts the flat cookware on the stove and starts telling tia yaya that the Christmas card that she is making for his boss is too wordy. He wants it to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Tia Yaya wants the card to say something like, " May this Holiday Season be filled with Joy and Peace....bla bla bla." All of a sudden my dad says, "Something smells funny." He immediately turned around and picked up the pan. When he did, we saw white smoke, and smelled a foul burning smell.......a lot of smell. Come to find out, in some weird way, a pot holder was stuck to the bottom of the pan and my dad never saw it. What is really weird is that my dad rinsed the pan with water and dryed it off before he used it, and he still didn't see the pot holder. So we put the pan outside so that it could cool off and stink off before we threw it away. We also left the door open so that we could get rid of the nasty smell. Um, are you thinking what I'm thinking? Yeah, it's cold outside. So we're inside with the door open and the fan on. Below you'll find a picture of the burned pot holder stuck to the pan, the open door, and my Tia Yaya chillin on the couch. So in the end, Tia Yaya had a peanut butter and jelly foldover, and my dad had the Christmas card for his boss.........Mr. Burns!!!


(He's looking toward the pan cool off area. His face says it all)

2 comments:

bhernandez said...

mas mexicanos!!! what a burn

Bethany Hernandez said...

ah....i wish i could have been there!!!