Sunday, February 8, 2009

Something Stinks: Case Closed

The first Sunday of 2008, I preached a sermon at Solid Rock Church in San Angelo entitled 'Something Stinks'. In doing so, I brought up the fact that even though one year has ended and another one has begun, our negative habits, thought life and actions will continue to affect us unless changes are made. I explained that if not cleaned up and cleaned out, certain areas of our past life can begin to wreak an unwelcoming odor in our present. As an example, I talked about the mysterious smell that invaded New York City a few years ago. The people of New York, were off to the start of a new year when one morning they woke up to what the papers coined as "an unnatural odor" that was very similar to the smell of ....syrup! They couldn't quite pin down the source of the smell. Well today, I found that the case has been closed! Click on the sermon title to hear the message, and on this link to read the rest of the story details from Yahoo news.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Phew!! I am so glad they figured what the stink was about. I just knew something smelled fishy but alas I was wrong.

A and A said...

I just love your creativity, beautiful! Awesome sermon, Cheli.- aaron