Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Conversations with Father Act I, Scene I

Save the Drama for yo Mama cause Daddy Don't Care!
This situation based on real life events

Setting: Cheli, the highly dependant, pre-spousal daughter walks into the tv room to bother her dad while he is "relaxing".

and ACTION!


Me: (pretending to cry) "Daaaadddyyy! I'm huuuungry for something sweeeeet. baahaaahaaa"

Dad: (without blinking, or looking at me): "Well there's peanut butter and jelly."

Me: (shaking my head no) "nooooo. i don't liiiiiiike peanut butter"

Dad: (still not looking at me or blinking) "what about those miniature cinnamon buns"

Me: (still with the whiny voice) "nooooo, I don't like those. but i want something sweet. "

Dad: (breaking the world record for not blinking) "what about crackers?"

Me: "crackers are salty!"

Dad: (laughs- half blink)

Me: (still crying, no tears) "you don't feel like making pancakes?

Dad: (still not looking at me)"ummmm...let me see....no. there's some toaster strudels."

Me: (stop fake crying, pick up my head from the couch) umm, sounds good. (exit stage right)


Credits
Dad as Himself
Jessica Alba as Cheli

6 comments:

lisoto said...

you're lucky that your dad doesn't read blogs (unless I point them out to him) how much will you pay me to keep silent. who is jessica alba?????

Betty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty said...

I'll pay you so you WON'T keep silent, Ida. TELL HIM! This is hilarious!

A and A said...

dad won't care! didn't you read the title of the play!

Jehu Hernandez said...

This is hilarious! You should turn it into a musical.

A and A said...

noooo! i don't liiiiike musicals! baahaaahaaa. -cheli