Sunday, January 4, 2009

Just throw it away!


Today we decided to put away the Christmas decor. Tia Yaya and I were packing stuff into boxes and putting the decorations back in their respective closets. My tia yaya asked me (with a disgusted face), "What do I do with these?" She points to some little figurines and ornaments that my dad recieved from teachers and students. One problem....they were all kinda ugly. Not only that, but my dad and tia yaya don't put up a Christmas tree. These ornaments were just ugly and useless for them. So I said, "Just throw them away." A few minutes later, I turn around to hear Tia Yaya say, "I just can't throw these away." She was holding two ornaments, a nativity scene and a dove. I was perplexed. "Why?" I asked. She explained, "Because, (holds up manger scene) I can't throw away Jesus. (Holds up dove) and the Holy Spirit. I just can't do it."

LOL!!! So she kept them with the rest of the decorations. Oh...and she also keep a little ugly nutcracker ornament. Maybe she thought it was a Roman soldier?

No comments: